10.11.2011

Ceramics and My Doggins


Pottery painting is fuckin fabulous, but also expensive and time demanding. Until last year I hadn't really done any pottery since that birthday party I went to in 5th grade. That completely changed when my housemate, Margaret, started working at a paint-ur-own pottery studio. Mondays are the best days to go in and visit Margaret at work; I'll bring her a burrito, and paint some broken/weird lookin ceramics.
Here's what I made recently on chipped tiles:


The fuzzy one is my dog Poe, and the bread-loafed lady is Gidget, my mom's dog and Poe's bestie. I found Gidget a the SPCA a couple years ago when I was still in school. I felt she needed a really good home because she was waaay different (friendly with everyone, not aggressive towards human males, and no abandonment issues). Fortunately, I had really good timing, because when I had brought her to my mother to meet, my little sister had just left for college. My mom really needed an amigo, and after a day and a half I cured my mom of her empty nest syndrome, and found a home for a @ the time tiny, sweet dog. Gidget is an important member of the family, and my mom's companion; no one can say no to snuggling to this bubble of happy burrito.

I've only had Poe since February of this year, he's got his quirks, but he's turning into a good lil guy. He just wants to run, cuddle, and play frisbee. Besides Gidget, he's still learning how to interact with dogs appropriately, but he's gotten pretty good with people just sit down when you meet him. He's technically my housemate's dog, but I take a lotta charge over him. Stuff like feeding, walking, medication, going to the vet... we've gotten really close. I hope we can share him like divorced parents if I don't live with my house mate in a couple years.

Together these two lil monsters kill all the squeaky toys, terrorize Sketchy and Pizza, our neighbors outdoor cats, and take over the couch. I've tried taking them to work with me, but they seem more relaxed at home. Aw, such weird, cuddly lil dogs!
bye
Lolz

No comments:

Post a Comment