10.26.2011

Job

my occupation
at the moment I work for a business that I shall not name (for safety), but in short, describes a content pooch. I am a handler of canines large and tiny; sometimes I play with them, mostly I clean after them, and provide a safe environment for them to play in. At times it can be mundane, such as today when I cleaned tarps and fences, looked for odd cleaning jobs, and generally looked busy.The days when I work with dogs are the most rewarding, I enjoy observing interactions and understanding their language. Of course I keep them from killing each other too, that's when I step in and stop their chinwag. When I'm in group, I feel like a big game hunter on safari, or a zoo keeper, not because I'm dealing with all kinds of creatures, but because of our ill-fitting uniforms. we either wear a huge khaki shirt, or grease monkey jumpsuit.


This fence will never be clean!

My aim is to become a trainer (I can use that after this job), but I don't know how slow that will take. I've been chatting it up with one of the trainers, gently dropping clues of how good I would be, but I may have to be more forceful to get what I want. It's hard to know how to act around superiors and superiors my age. Do I act formally? casually? Is it ok to swear? what ever the fuck I have to say, it may take some time to prove myself. We'll see how far $10 an hour takes me. This is my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment